Emergency Assistance Project.
TA-9546 BAN :Emergency Assistance Project - Social Safeguards Consultant (52174-001) (Funded by ADB)
Name of Client:
Assignment Location within country:
Dhaka & Cox’s Bazar
Start Date (Month/Year):
21 Nov 2022
Completion Date (Month/Year):
30 Jun 2023
Duration of Assignment (Months):
Total No. of staff-month of the assignment:
Name of Joint Venture Consultants, if any:
No. of Staff-Months of Key Professional Staff provided by Joint Venture /Associated Consultants:
Name of Senior Staff (Project Director/Coordinator, Team Leader) Involved and Functions Performed:
Md. Mesbaul Haque: Social Safeguard Expert.
Detailed Narrative Description of Project:
To provide technical, analytical and coordination support in the emergency assistance project including Additional Finance scopes with ensuring compliance on ADB's safeguards policies on involuntary resettlement (IR) and Indigenous Peoples (IPs). Assist in policy compliance monitoring and reporting; services and partnerships in social safeguards.
Detailed Description of Actual Services Provided by our Staff:
The Safeguards Monitoring Specialist will be responsible for
- Tracking and review of design supervision consultant's monthly progress reports and the project documents to identify and fulfill safeguard compliances
- Review of RF/RPs and their implementation arrangements at field level
- Independent monitoring of the resettlement activities
- Prepare and submit biannual social safeguards monitoring reports to ADB on behalf of PMU and
- Preparation of sub-project specific resettlement plans as required on behalf of PMU