Dhaka Mass Rapid Transit Development Project (MRT Line 6)
External monitoring of the resettlement process for Dhaka Mass Rapid Transit Development Project (DMRTDP)
Name of Client:
Approx Value of the Contract (Tk.Lacks):
Assignment Location within country:
Dhaka MRT Line 6 routes
Start Date (Month/Year):
Completion Date (Month/Year):
Duration of Assignment (Months):
Total No. of staff-month of the assignment:
Name of Joint Venture Consultants, if any:
No. of Staff-Months of Key Professional Staff provided by Joint Venture /Associated Consultants:
Name of Senior Staff (Project Director /Coordinator, Team Leader) Involved and Functions Performed:
Kh. Khairul Matin: Team Leader/Implementation Specialist, Md. Nuruzzamann Kakon: Data Analyst
Detailed Narrative Description of Project:
Dhaka Mass Rapid Transit Development Project (DMRTDP) is being carried out by NKDM Association and funded by JICA to construct MRT Line – 6 at deferent routes from Uttara to Motijheel. NKDM Association has employed Knowledge Management Consultants (KMC) to conduct independent external monitoring of the resettlement process. The process will minimize the gap among the three major key players (i.e. EA, INGO and Financial Institution (donor).
Detailed Description of Actual Services Provided by our Staff:
- Monitor the Resettlement Action Plans (RAPs).
- Review and verify the land acquisition/resettlement implementation
- Evaluate and assess the livelihood opportunities and incomes of APs
- Evaluate the quality, sufficiency and timeliness of delivering entitlements as per approved policy.
- Review the quality and suitability of the relocation sites
- Verify expenditure &adequacy of budget for resettlement activities.
- Quantify, and qualify the types of conflicts and grievances reported and resolved and the consultation and participation procedures.
- Determine mitigation measures needed to meet the need
- Identify lessons learned